Creating a personal routine
By the end of this article, you will learn how to setup a personal routine.
Personal routines are a great way to reflect and prioritize your work on a regular basis. Think of it like a digital habit journal.
If you'd like to see a quick overview of how to setup a personal routine, feel free to watch the video below!
Configuring a personal routine:
Getting up and running with a personal routine is easy and takes a few minutes to setup:
- Click on the routines page, and click the "new routine" button
- Select "just me" when prompted with the question - "Who will be participating in this routine?"
- Select a pre-defined template (daily recap, morning plan, etc) or start configuring a routine from scratch
- Pick questions and prompts you'd like to answer on a repeating basis. There are a variety of types available (open-ended, emoji, numeric, and more)
- Select a cadence that makes sense for you. How frequently would like you to be prompted to share an update? We will send an email when it's time to respond.
- [optional] Select a reminder if you forget to share an update. For example, you can receive a final notification if you need a bit more encouragement.
After you share an update, responses will rollup to their own feed so you can see what you said over time. It's like a Facebook feed or journal for your past entries.
Reporting and insights over time
For your routines, Friday automatically compiles reports and aggregates actionable insights over time. There are two views:
- Batch (a snapshot of activity for a given period)
- Trends (a collection of batches over time). This is available for paid customers.
You can read about reporting in more detail on our reports page.